I’ve had several requests for the answers to the various clues I posted throughout the week, leading to the inevitable rescue of The Pit command center. Here are the answers:
- Glow-in-the-dark Heavy Water from the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club. – Most folks got this one right. The image was posted in the review, which was found either in the Exclusives section or the GIJCC Review Section.
- Venomous Maximus – I think most folks got this one right as well. This could also be found in my reviews section, in the Valor Vs. Venom archive.
- Weasel – This one seemed to give a lot of folks some trouble. Throughout the Marvel book, Kwinn was constantly telling Dr. Venom he had the “Spirit of the Weasel”. I gave the clue as “Search GeneralsJoes.com for the answer”. I simply made sure that if you went to the “Search Box” in the upper right hand section of the page and entered “Weasel” you would get the right entry, with the image there.
- Sigma 6 Adventure Team Dusty – Come on, you guys knew I’d have to sneak a Sigma 6 figure in here somewhere, right? It only made sense to me to make it an Adventure Team figure, since they featured prominently in the story. 🙂 Dusty was featured in the “Sigma 6 Celebration” that I did a ways back, and there is still a link up in the top menu bar leading to his review, where the image was placed.
- “Fallen from a Dead Man’s Hand” – I kind of knew this would be a real tough one, so I made sure to post my “Top 10” article before hand, since it featured the image with Dr. Venom’s death. For this clue, I also indicated that you should “search GeneralsJoes” for the answer, so I found an appropriate page (for the Adventure Team pre-order, naturally) and placed the fallen from a dead man’s hand phrase on that article, so it would be easily found in the search box.
And that’s really all there is to it.
This was an exceptionally fun contest, I hope everyone really enjoyed it! Here’s hoping I can do another one sometime, though I’ll be honest, this one took me a looong time to come up with. Sometimes I have a hard time thinking outside the box.
Thanks to everyone for playing! And while we’re on the subject of Dr. Venom, get your butts over to GIJoeClub.com and pre-order this bad boy! He looks great.
Well, the contest was a blast and it sounds like fun was had by all, but unfortunately there could be only one winner, and it was Robert Cacy!
He got his entry in a scant 60 seconds before the next person in line, and I received quite a volume of entries within the first 30 minutes. I just want to thank everyone for participating, this contest was a lot of fun to put on, and I’m thrilled that so many readers seemed to enjoy it as well.
Robert, I will be in touch to get shipping information.
Thank you all very much, and a big thanks to Hasbro and Hunter PR for helping sponsor the contest.
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
Part 5, the final installment is below! Will you be the one to TAKE BACK THE PIT?
Just a reminder that today is the final day for the GeneralsJoes “Take Back The Pit” contest. Observant and persistent readers should have four images now, and the fifth one will be posted today at some point.
The first person to email me (at firstname.lastname@example.org) all five images will win a G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Pit Playset!
Full details are right here.
Don’t forget, too, that Dr. Venom is currently available for pre-order at the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club online store. We’ve been waiting for this figure for twenty-five years, don’t miss it now!
Best of luck!
Check out Part 1 right here!
Dr. Venom and his Cobra squad moved towards the Mobile Pit. Three guards in gray camouflage slowly paced back and forth. Sgt. Stone adjusted his beret as his eyes scanned the horizon, though he honestly didn’t expect to see a thing.
Truth be told, he didn’t see a thing. Silent Cobra agents slunk through the sand and fired quick bursts of silenced weapons fire, taking down the two Pit Troopers. Sgt. Stone only had time to turn before Dr. Venom himself hit him with a face full of knockout gas. He collapsed, silent in the sand.
Venom lead his Cobra team into the mobile headquarters, quietly weaving through lockers, hallways, past the central elevator and into the Medical Center. This was a huge, impressive technical marvel, but it only carried a skeleton crew at this time, and he was about to take care of that little problem as well.
In the Medical Center was the Pit’s water supply. Venom swiftly pulled a bottle from his coat and examined it.
“The Venom protocols…” he chortled. “What is this a joke?” Since returning, he’d only spent a scant few moments researching the accomplishments of Dr. Mindbender since he had been gone. He was fairly unimpressed. Still, these “Venom Protocols” had promise…force-feeding animal genetic markers into a human test subject was just the kind of dastardly experiment that made Dr. Venom smile.
He approached the water supply, getting ready to pour.
Honor and valor aren’t Venom’s strength
So be sure to keep him at your left arm’s length
When Valor fights Venom he leads the evil team
Is he real, or just one of Hawk’s bad dreams?
Who is this, and what does General Hawk think of him?