First and foremost, exciting news… next year’s Convention site and dates have been decided already! Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin June 15th – 17th 2017!
They also announced FSS 5.0, though there were no images available unfortunately… the 12 figures are as follows!
- Charbroil (classic deco, masked head not removable)
- Darklon (a more current version, convention version is considered a “prequel” design)
- General Flagg (based on the 2nd Battle Corps version from the 90s)
- Battle Corps COBRA Viper (based on the Iron Anvil look – light infantry Viper)
- Salvo (more of a Pursuit of Cobra version, not 100% vintage accurate)
- Scoop (with the helmet from Sky Patrol Airborne)
- Sneak Peek (standard release, may end up changing the vest a little)
- Steel Raven (based on the female SKAR Infantry Officer)
- Shattered Glass Xamot (the Shattered Glass version is very reminiscent of the Sunbow business suit)
- Action Force Z-Force Gaucho (based on the 50th Anniversary Gung Ho)
Along with the Figure Subscription Service, the Club announced a special three pack of female Cobra Troopers to compliment the Cobra Officer. The Cobra Trooper has a newly sculpted female masked head and removable helmet.
Heartwrencher and the 4 x 4 are still planned, but likely for a 2017 release.
That’s what we got! Exciting stuff, and here’s to more years of the G.I. Joe Convention!